Manager and Team Member openings
Cape Fear River Adventures - canoe and kayak outfitter is looking for a part-time and full-time assistant (multiple openings) and full time manager to help with daily operations. We all work as one team and have a great time doing it. Our employees enjoy staying busy and serving customers. We do team river trips, cookouts, and at the end of the summer we take an employee rafting/camping trip where we hit some big waters! But let’s be honest… you will be tired, sweaty, muddy, wet, serving hundreds of customers, running around all day long in a NC summer heatwave while carrying heavy boats and muddy tubes and of course we ask you to smile while doing all of that! If you are enthusiastic, enjoy being outside, and like working hard this job might be for you!
- Providing amazing customer service all day long, every time!
- Carrying heavy boats
- Driving large passenger van with trailer
- Talking to customers ALL day long (phone, in person, doing briefs in front of large groups)
- Washing equipment (boats, life jackets, paddles, tubes, etc.)
- Running a register and check-in process, which involves standing at the register for hours, non-stop!
- Help with other miscellaneous tasks as needed
- If applying for management position, your responsibility is not only doing all of the above, but also supervising others doing it! In addition, you have to take care of always arising problems (popped tubes, broken paddles, lost phones, people missing reservations... you get an idea), schedule precise shuttle runs and make sure every customer is briefed, equipped and out on the water having a good time. Besides that, controlling labor, ensuring reservations flow, customer satisfaction, and other obligations are part of the gig!
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Weekend/Holiday availability (must be available a vast majority of Saturdays and Sundays throughout the entire Spring/Summer/Fall season up to late fall, including Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day).
- Ability to spend a lot of time outside during hot summer in very undesirable conditions (see first paragraph)
- Ability to lift 40lb; push/drag 80lb
- Clean driving record with at least several years of experience. Driver license check will be performed.
- Experience backing up a trailer is desired, but not mandatory
- CDL with passenger endorsement is a plus
Compensation and benefits:
- Great place to work!
- Free kayak/canoe rental
- Paid team outings and cookouts
- Starting pay for Outfitter Assistant $10/hour + tips
- Starting pay for Management position will be determined based on qualifications
Email to "hireme at capefearadventures.com" (no spaces or quotes) whatever you think will get you hired: resume, skill summary, or paragraph about yourself. Answering the questions below are not required but it greatly helps us to determine your eligibility. Please be sure to provide your phone number and preferred time to contact.
- What position are you applying for (manager or outfitter assistant)?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Describe your skills, qualifications, and prior experience relevant to this position.
- Are you available to work every Saturday and Sunday during Summer and early Fall?
- How many years have you been driving and what driving violations have you had?
- How does this position fit in with your current schedule and obligations?
Thank you for your consideration!