💻 Online reservations are required!
We are sold out of tubes on Saturday!
😷 Masks are required to be worn on land and in vans/buses!
👨⚕️ Info on our operations and limitations during COVID-19 pandemic
Kayaking, canoeing or paddle boarding river trip
Enjoy a 2-mile downstream float on the flat, slow moving waters of the Cape Fear River. Go over a refreshing Class I rapid and maneuver around river boulders in a rock garden in the last stretch of the trip before the exit ramp. Plenty of leaping fish, wading herons, and circling birds-of-prey await you on this satisfying little river trip. Beginners at canoeing and kayaking will enjoy this trip, as well as seasoned paddlers looking for a quieter sort of excursion. Take up to 2 hours on this stretch of the river. We’ll pick you up at the take-out and bring you back to the starting point in Lillington.
Things to know before you go!
Expect to encounter other kayakers, canoers and tubers on this section of the river, especially on weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day. This is the same section of the river that Lazy River Tubing takes place on. For more secluded river sections opt out for Leisure Paddle or 10 Mile Challenge.
Trip Cost Prices are per boat and include paddles, life jackets, and return shuttle
2-person Canoe or Kayak
Paddle Board (SUP)
What to wear
- Dress for the weather with layered clothing if necessary, and expect to get wet.
- Wear long sleeves or opt out for sunscreen.
- Bathing suit is a great option in warmer months, but don't forget sunscreen!
- Paddling booties or water shoes are great! You can also wear old gym shoes, or strap-on sandals, but no flip-flops!
- Any hat is recommended.
What to bring
- Bring plenty of water! Plan on taking one 12oz bottle of water per person per river hour. Absolutely no glass containers!
- Sunscreen, unless you are wearing protective clothing
- Nutritious snacks or a full lunch, especially for longer trips. You can easily fit a mid-sized coolers in our 16’ Old Town canoes. Small, insulated fabric coolers may be strapped to the back of our kayaks or paddle boards.
- At least one phone per group.
- Optional spare clothes for after the trip. We have changing rooms and spray showers available.
- Water toys, cameras, speakers, etc.
Please note: We might have to postpone your activity due to water conditions or severe weather. We don't stop operations due to rain in the forecast! If we must postpone your activity, we will issue you a full credit valid to be used for an activity in the future.