Jobs at CFRA
Cape Fear River Adventures - canoe and kayak outfitter hires part-time and full-time assistants for summer months to help with daily operations. We all work as one team and have a great time doing it! Our employees enjoy staying busy and serving customers. We do team river trips, cookouts, and at the end of the summer we take an employee rafting/camping trip where we hit some big waters! But let’s be honest… you will be tired, sweaty, muddy, wet, serving thousands of customers, running around all day long in a NC summer heatwave while carrying heavy boats and muddy tubes and of course we ask you to smile while doing all of that! If you are enthusiastic, enjoy being outside, and like working hard this job might be for you!
This is mostly weekend position with some weekdays hours possible. Expect to work up to 25 hours in a weekend.
- Providing amazing customer service all day long, every time!
- Carrying heavy boats
- Driving large passenger van with trailer
- Talking to customers ALL day long (phone, in person, doing safety briefings in front of large groups)
- Washing equipment (boats, life jackets, paddles, tubes, etc.)
- Running a register and check-in process, which involves standing at the register for hours, non-stop!
- Help with other miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Weekend/Holiday availability (must be available a vast majority of Saturdays and Sundays throughout the entire Spring/Summer/Fall season up to late fall, including Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day).
- Ability to spend a lot of time outside during hot summer in very undesirable conditions (see first paragraph)
- Ability to lift 40lb; push/drag 80lb
- Clean driving record with at least several years of experience. Driver license check will be performed.
- Experience backing up a trailer is desired, but not mandatory
- CDL with passenger endorsement is a plus
Compensation and benefits:
- Great place to work!
- Free kayak/canoe rental
- Paid team outings and cookouts
- Company sponsored Employee End of Season Trip (EOST)
- Pay is based on experience
Welcome to our river companies including Cape Fear River Adventures, Endor Paddle, Lost Paddle Kayak Shop, Cape Fear River Youth Camps, and Cape Fear Glamping! All companies are owned and operated by the same owner at the same location in Lillington, NC. We are seeking someone with an awesome personality who has a passion for outdoors and who has proven marketing and business skills! This is a part-time position (~20h/wk) with flexible hours located in Lillington, NC with the possibility of some remote work. This role will work directly with the owner and assist with a variety of business functions with focus on small-business marketing. Other tasks might include bookkeeping, communicating with vendors, assisting with operations, customer service, really any aspects of the business needs might end up in your boat! To not find yourself up the creek without the paddle the following skills are important:
- Proven digital, product, and brand marketing experience is a must!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must!
- Business management, operations, HR, accounting skills are very important
- Experience with Social Media strategies for small businesses is important
- Experience with Google Ads and Facebook Marketing is very desirable
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics is very desirable
- Innovative and creative graphical design skills are very desirable
- Experience with Adobe Creative products is very desirable
- Experience with MS Excel is important
Compensation and benefits:
- Hourly pay is based on experience
- Some remote work possible
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Store discounts
- Complementary equipment rentals
- Paid company gathering and trips
- Medical/dental/vision coverage is available (but only if position tuns into 30+ hours)
Please apply with your cover letter, resume, and pay requirements by emailing: cfra "AT" capefearadventures.com
Thank you for your consideration and we are excited to get to know!