We will be open for the remaining weekends in October 9am - 5pm weather and river conditions permitting.
10 Mile Challenge
Kayaking or canoeing river trip
If a day of action on the river is what you crave, this is the trip for you! Expect to encounter numerous Class I, and several Class II rapids mixed in with lazy stretches of peaceful water. There are plenty of places along the way to stop for lunch or to just sit back and take in the scenery. This is a ten mile voyage down the river from our office in Lillington to the NC 217 bridge in Erwin, NC. Small groups of 1 to 3 canoes/kayaks should expect about 4 to 4.5 hours on the river. Larger groups should allow for longer times on the water. Our shuttle will bring your group, boats and equipment back to Lillington.
Things to know before you go!
Trip Cost Prices are per boat and include paddles, life jackets, and return shuttle
2-person Canoe or Kayak
What to wear
- Dress for the weather with layered clothing if necessary, and expect to get wet.
- Wear long sleeves or opt out for sunscreen.
- Bathing suit is a great option in warmer months, but don't forget sunscreen!
- Paddling booties or water shoes are great! You can also wear old gym shoes, or strap-on sandals, but no flip-flops!
- Any hat is recommended.
What to bring
- Bring plenty of water! Plan on taking one 12oz bottle of water per person per river hour. Absolutely no glass containers!
- Sunscreen, unless you are wearing protective clothing
- Nutritious snacks or a full lunch, especially for longer trips. You can easily fit a mid-sized coolers in our 16’ Old Town canoes. Small, insulated fabric coolers may be strapped to the back of our kayaks or paddle boards.
- At least one phone per group.
- Optional spare clothes for after the trip. We have changing rooms and spray showers available.
- Water toys, cameras, speakers, etc.