Lazy River Tubing on Cape Fear River
Our river tubing excursion sets off from our river shack in Lillington and offers 2 extremely lazy miles of unspoiled rolling forests and wildlife. Our Cape Fear River exudes a cool, Southern charm that will have you whistlin’ Dixie by the time you arrive at your trip’s end. Enjoy one Class I rapid, a rock garden and a very unique, wild habitat. Our shuttle will then whisk you back to where you started in Lillington. Trip duration depends heavily on river flow. A summer low river will make your trip last around 5 hours. Please contact us for questions about current river conditions for this trip.
Things to know before you go!
River is not a water park!
River is an uncontrolled wilderness environment with unpredictable outcome! You are exposed to all nature's elements (sun, rain, wind, thunderstorms, etc). There are rocks that can scratch you, mud that can get you dirty, deep spots where you are not able to stand, thunderstorms that might form over you, wildlife and other unpredictable factors that can harm you! There is no way to abandon the trip early!
Slow and Low!
Typical water levels are low creating a very slow current! Normal tubing trip will last around 5 hours in the summer time. You move a half mile an hour and some areas might be stagnant. The river bottom is very rocky, water shoes are strongly recommended! After heavier rains the river level might come up creating stronger and faster current; at higher levels the trip can be as short as 1.5 hours (not typical for summer time).
You will have to walk, swim, or paddle!
We ask you to be ready to walk, swim, or paddle with your hands along the way. There is a very good chance you will have to get out of the tube at some point of the trip. You go through a rock garden at the end of the trip where you have a lot of rocks to maneuver around or walk around!
No glass containers!
We will check coolers to ensure no glass containers are being brought on the river.
There is a cut off time!
Sat - Sun last tube goes out at 12:00pm!
Mon - Fri last tube goes out at 10:30am!
Cut off time is subject to change without notice. Reservations are strongly recommended. We are not able to set you up for tubing if you arrive after the cut off time, we will recommend paddling trips instead.
Minimum age is 3!
Per our insurance regulations we are not able to accommodate anyone under 3 years of age.
What to wear
Since tubing is a mostly summer months activity when the weather and water are warm, you can plan on wearing a swimming suit, shorts or something you can plan on getting wet and swim in. Wear closed-toe shoes: water shoes, sandals, or sneakers is highly recommended, no flip-flops!
What to bring
- Plenty of water! Plan on taking one 12 oz bottle of water per person per river hour. Absolutely no glass containers! Nalgene bottles or regular plastic bottled water is your best option.
- Sunscreen is a must, even on cooler days!! Alternatively, you can wear long sleeve clothing.
- Closed-toe shoes are highly recommended! There is a great chance of you having to walk on rocky riverbed at some point or another.
Lunch and snacks. Bring along your cooler, mid to larger sized coolers fit very nicely in our cooler carrier tubes.
Please note: our cooler carrier is just a carrier and doesn't include a cooler.
- Phone(s). We will ask you to bring at least one phone per group. We have dry pouches, dry boxes, and dry bags for sale in our shop, if needed.
- If you’d like to bring a change of dry clothes to leave in your car, please do. We have changing rooms you can use at the end of your trip.
- Cameras, water toys, speakers, etc.