💻 Online reservations are required!
We are sold out of tubes on Saturday!
😷 Masks are required to be worn on land and in vans/buses!
👨⚕️ Info on our operations and limitations during COVID-19 pandemic
Kayaking, canoeing or paddle boarding river trip
We know you’ll love this tranquil voyage on our easy going, flat-water stretch of the Cape Fear River at sundown. Bring your whole family (age restrictions do apply, so check out this trip’s FAQ section) or have a unique date with a special someone. The placid current of the river on this little section near our office in Lillington is naturally peaceful and bursting with chirping frogs, singing crickets, long-legged herons, and leaping fish. You might even spot lightning bugs! If you catch this trip on a full moon, it’s not an experience you’ll soon forget. This trip begins and ends at our office in Lillington and does not require a shuttle. This trip is essentially the same as our 2-hour Leisure Paddle , it's just offered at a later hour. Book your reservation online and make this evening spectacular!
Trip Cost Prices are per boat and include paddles and life jackets
2-person Canoe or Kayak
Paddle Board (SUP)
What to wear
- Dress for the weather with layered clothing if necessary, and expect to get wet.
- Wear long sleeves or opt out for sunscreen.
- Bathing suit is a great option in warmer months, but don't forget sunscreen!
- Paddling booties or water shoes are great! You can also wear old gym shoes, or strap-on sandals, but no flip-flops!
- Any hat is recommended.
What to bring
- Bring plenty of water! Plan on taking one 12oz bottle of water per person per river hour. Absolutely no glass containers!
- Sunscreen, unless you are wearing protective clothing
- Nutritious snacks or a full lunch, especially for longer trips. You can easily fit a mid-sized coolers in our 16’ Old Town canoes. Small, insulated fabric coolers may be strapped to the back of our kayaks or paddle boards.
- At least one phone per group.
- Optional spare clothes for after the trip. We have changing rooms and spray showers available.
- Water toys, cameras, speakers, etc.
Please note: We might have to postpone your activity due to water conditions or severe weather. We don't stop operations due to rain in the forecast! If we must postpone your activity, we will issue you a full credit valid to be used for an activity in the future.